Conversation Piece (revisited)

I took this walk to EASE my mind
to find out what's gnawing at me.
Wouldn't think to look at me.
And I've spent a lot of time in education,
it all seems so long ago.

I'm a talker, not a thinker,
I've no one to think of, anyway.

I live above a barber's store
owned by an blonde strange man,
he never calls me down to speak,
and for all my years of reading conversation,
I stand without a word to say.

I can't see the bridge
for the rain in my eyes.

And the world is full of life,
full of folk who don't know me,
and they walk in twos or threes or more
while the light that shines above the barber's store
investigates my face so rudely.

And my essays lying scattered on the FLOOR
fulfill their needs just by being there.

And my hands shake, my head hurts,
my voice sticks inside my throat.
I'm invisible and dumb
and no one
will recall me.